Voter Education/Registration Program
“A Voteless People Is A Hopeless People”
“A Voteless People is a Hopeless People” was initiated as a National Program of Alpha during the 1930′s when many African-Americans had the right to vote but were prevented from voting because of poll taxes, threats of reprisal, and lack of education about the voting process. Voter education and registration has remained a dominant focus of this outreach activity for over 65 years. In the 1990′s, the focus has shifted to include political awareness and empowerment, delivered most frequently through town meetings and candidate forums.
A Voteless People is a Hopeless People Program Documents:
Download Implementation Guide
Download VPHP Program Execution and Curriculum Guide
Reporting Tool / Program Execution [Survey Monkey APP]
A Voteless People is a Hopeless People Implementation Video Tutorial:
Marketing and Promotional Materials:
First of All…We Vote Logo: Black and Gold [PMS 132] Raster Image
First of All…We Vote Logo: Black and White Raster Image
NEW: First of All…We Vote Doorhangers
National Urban League: View Your Rights By State
National State Voter Registration Deadlines [Verify with your secretary of state, county recorder or parish office your voting registration status and/or questions.]
Federal Election Commission (Quick Answers)
Voter Registration Drive [VRD] Organizer / Agent – VPHP State Focal Point [Pending]
For additional information, contact the A Voteless People is a Hopeless People Committee at email@example.com.
- Go to http://nationalvoterregistrationday.org/ and register to vote. Hey, sometimes brothers move from place to place and don’t get registered right away. We understand, but now is the time.
- Check with your loved ones and see if they have registered. Your wife or (voting age) child might have moved with you. What about your co-workers? Church members? Chapter brothers? Are they registered to vote? Take a second to ask them. Then let them use your computer (and printer) and take them to the link above. You can also e-mail the link to them so they can pass it on!
- Go to Chapter Search, enter the state or city where you are located and contact a local chapter for additional information.
- If this suggestion isn’t helpful you can always go to http://nationalvoterregistrationday.org/.
- REMEMBER: wear your Alpha gear and take plenty of pictures. Scroll up to the top of this page and download the official “First of All, We Vote” logo and make shirts and other items that help get the word out. [This logo is for chapter usage only and not for resale.]
- Go to the Student Vote Project and click on “Getting Started.” This site is a wealth of information for college brothers like you.
- For additional information, contact the A Voteless People is a Hopeless People Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click here to check out the non-profit voter registration toolkit.
- Also, go to http://www.nonprofitvote.org/ and see some of the ways you can educate people about voting in their state.
TELL EVERYONE YOU CAN TO REGISTER TO VOTE, AND VOTE.
REMEMBER, A VOTELESS PEOPLE IS TRULY A HOPELESS PEOPLE.