University of Southern California
Minor: Environmental Studies
Professional Background & Relevant Experience
- Americorp-Jumpstart – Corps member, teaching and serving preschool students of low income neighborhoods the necessary literacy and language skills for Kindergarten readiness and closing the achievement gap.● USC Readers Plus – Tutor elementary students of low income neighborhoods who are at or below the basic literacy level for their grade. Providing one on one individualized lesson plans as well as educational after school program● WYSE – Women and Youth Supporting Each Other – Mentor for a mentorship program for at risk middle school girls in the neighboring schools of the USC area. Program for support and women’s empowerment.
● FUELS- Females in Undergraduate Education Leading Science, member of the organization, networking with fellow female Science majors and hosting volunteer events such as Sundaes Sunday where we invite girls from the local middle schools and high schools to come and learn about opportunities and resources as a Science field major while making and enjoying Sundaes!
● National Great Lakes STEM scholarship recipient
● PAWS – Providing Animals with Shelter – community service organization member, volunteering with animal related projects such as walking/feeding/bathing German Shepherds at the local German Shepherd Rescue Center
● African Student Organization Texas State – Former Community Service Chair, coordinated community service events such as tutoring at the Local Boys and Girl’s Club, city wide clean up and shoe drive for countries in Africa.
● Teach English Houston – Taught English to adults at my local community center in weekly 3 hour classes.